Home TopGays in the MilitaryThrough compelling photographs and interviews made over three years on road trips across the U.S., Gays in the Military (published by Daylight Books, May 2014) tells the stories of gay and lesbian men and women who served in silence. This oral and visual history will be archived at the David M. Rubestein Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Duke University and is available as an exhibition and multi-media installation.
Gays in the Military is published by Daylight Books and is available here
click to view and read more >>
- Vincent Cianni and Susan Hartman conducts The Art of the Photo Essay workshop at the Center for Photography at Woodstock on Saturday, June 14 and Sunday, June 15, 2014. Class is limited to 15 so please register early.
- Book signing hosted by Lt. Donald R. Bramer MOVA, Washington, D.C. May 16, 2014.
- The Archive of Documentary Arts has partnered with Daylight Books, the Sallie Bingham Center, the Center for Documentary Studies, and Spectre Arts to bring documentary photographers Vincent Cianni and Mariette Pathy Allen to Durham for a series of talks, presentations and conversations. April 23-25, 2014.
- Brooklyn Boxer Rises: New York Times publishes feature article by Susan Hartman with photographs by Vincent Cianni on Heather ‘The Heat’ Hardy, an up-and-coming Brooklyn boxer. April 4, 2014.
- Huffington Post Gay Voices publishes blog on Gays in the Military, March 20, 2014.
- Out, and Serving: The New York Times publishes photographs from Gays in the Military as a feature article in the Sunday Review, March 9, 2014. Interview by Nathaniel Frank, author of "Unfriendly Fire".
- Gays in the Military is published by Daylight with a book launch and reception March 7, 2014 at ICP in NYC. NOTA BENE: Gays in the Military is now in its second edition printing.
- view older accouncements>>